Portions of seconds are indicated by decimals.
- The three teams left ten minutes apart, starting at 10:06 am.
- Her watch indicated the time of departure at exactly 13:42:18.
- The last runner of the marathon came in at 3:56:25.07.
- The old clock always told the correct time twice a day, always at 3:19.
SEPARATE TITLE AND SUBTITLE
However, use a dash to introduce a list of such titles with colons.
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- Mission Impossible: Fallout
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Oliver Twist: The Parish Boy’s Progress
- A Christmas Carol: A Ghost Story of Christmas
- I don’t know who Kevyn Aucoin is, but I agree with his philosophy:
- Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain… To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices – today I choose to feel life, not to deny my humanity but embrace it. (https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/inspirational)
- The teacher encouraged her students to study specific punctuation marks, namely, commas.
- Trenton made several punctuation errors—for example, combining independent clauses.
- Whenever we went to town, we went to the post office, that is, on weekdays when it was open.