Bible book and verse
:If consecutive verses are listed, use a hyphen between the beginning and ending verses with no space between.
When additional verses are indicated, separate them with commas.
- John 3:16
- Matthew 1:1-17
- Luke 4:16-20
- Isaiah 42:1-9, 65:17-25
Label introducing a section
- Colon: (with colon)
- Colon (without colon)
- Pythagorean theorem: (with colon)
- Pythagorean theorem (without colon)
- 3:2 (three calves to two cows)
- 5:3:1 (five Holsteins to three Guernseys to one Jersey)
- 8:1 (ratio of rodeo bulls bucking off their rider to riders staying the eight seconds)