- Periods end sentences.
- Commas separate.
- Semicolons are super commas.
- Colons warn a list is coming.
- Quotation marks speak.
- Exclamation marks shout.
- Question marks want to know.
- Parentheses explain.
- Apostrophes fill in the blanks or possess something.
- Simple sentences give one thought or idea.
- Combined sentences give more than one thought or idea.
- Questions need information.
- Exclamations are excited.
- Commands tell to do or not to do.
VERBS DO SOMETHING
- Regular verbs form tenses (present, past, future, conditional).
- Irregular verbs do not follow the rules.
HOW DO YOU SPELL …? WHICH WORD IS …?
- This word list offers pairs of words often confused.